1 - 5 of 27
- PublicationCollapsing time: LGBTQ+ rights in Northern Ireland, A Queer Céilí at the Marty Forsythe(Intellect, 2020-12-01)This article examines Kabosh Theatre Company’s production of Dominic Montague’s A Queer Céilí at the Marty Forsythe, in Belfast, Northern Ireland, during its first run in March 2019. Based on archival research and personal accounts of a weekend surrounding the October 1983 National Union of Students Lesbian and Gay Conference in Belfast, the play depicts a moment of lesbian and gay activism largely neglected in critical and popular historical accounts of the period known as the ‘Troubles’ (1968‐98). Through observation of rehearsals and performances as well as in-depth interviews with audiences and artists, we argue that the play’s situation in the venue, where many of the events portrayed originally took place, and the use of archival and found photographic imagery as key scenic elements create a sense of ‘collapsed time’ that brings the past into dialogue with the present and future, particularly regarding the relationship of LGBTQ+ rights to societal reconciliation.
- PublicationThe Growth Mindset(Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, 2020-10)Dr Annette Clancy explains why a growth mindset is critical to success when faced with relentless, and seemingly endless, uncertainty.
- PublicationHow to manage a remote team(Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, 2020-08)With remote working here to stay, people leaders will need to understand the nuances of managing virtual teams and remote workers. Dr Annette Clancy explains.
- PublicationSupporting Mental Health in the Workplace(Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, 2020-06)Dr. Annette Clancy explains why employees' mental health should be the organising principle for businesses in 21st Century.
- Publication6 job skills to succeed in a post-coronavirus world(Chartered Accountants in Ireland, 2020-07-22)Soft skills are already essential assets, but employers will look for particular aptitudes as the pandemic subsides and the "New Normal" takes hold.