Now showing 1 - 10 of 40
- PublicationWomen, equality and public policy(Oak Tree Press, 1998)This article takes a gender perspective to the analysis of public policy in the late 1990s in Ireland.
- PublicationLife-long learning and new skills in Ireland : a gender perspective(University College Dublin. School of Social Justice, 2010-06)
- PublicationWork-life balance : The Irish National Report(University College Dublin. School of Social Justice, 2005-03)
; ;External report commissioned by and presented to the EU Directorate-General Employment and Social Affairs, Unit G1 'Equality between Women and Men' 1206
- PublicationGender Equality in Ireland 2015(European Parliament, 2015)Upon request by the FEMM Committee, this paper explores changes in gender equality legislation, policies and practices in Ireland with particular emphasis on the period from 2012-2015. Gender equality infrastructure, gender gaps in employment, unemployment, poverty and pay rates are analysed and women’s level of participation in political, economic and administrative decision-making in Ireland is detailed. Provision of childcare services, as well as the extent to which gender dimensions are taken into account in health and welfare policies, are also examined.
- PublicationGender, Austerity and Economic Crisis: A Perspective on EU and Ireland(Routledge, 2018-03-31)Changing patterns of women's paid work within a global context, with a focus on the EU and Ireland, and the impact of the economic crisis.
- PublicationEquality data issues : the use of data in pursuing equality(Equality Authority, 2000-01-31)This report explores equality issues arising in the collection and publication of data in Ireland and the ways in which data may be used in equality policies and practices.
- PublicationNational expert assessment of The National Reform Programme 2012(European Commission, 2012-05-10)This Report was prepared for the EU Network on Gender Equality and Employment and focuses on the impact on women and men of the current economic crisis and particularly the economic and social policies that have been implemented between 2008 and 2012 and their impact on gender equality.
- PublicationGender equality perspective on Ireland's National Employment Action Plan 2004(University College Dublin. School of Social Justice, 2004-10)
- PublicationCrisis and recovery : labour market impact on women and men. Report on Ireland(University College Dublin. School of Social Justice, 2011-07)National Expert assessment of Crisis and Recovery in Ireland - Labour Market Impact on Women and Men commissioned by and presented to the EU Directorate General Employment and Social Affairs, Unit G1 “Equality between women and men”.
- PublicationFeminisation of Poverty - lone parents, migrant women and older women(European Commission, 2020-03-10)This chapter explored the inequalities experienced by specific sectors of women in an EU context focusing on lone parents, migrants and older women.